Reserve a Movie!
Do you love to watch popular movies, but they never seem to be checked in?
You are in luck! We are excited to announce that starting in June, you will be able to temporarily place holds on all movies (DVDs, Blu-rays, etc) and television series. That way you'll be added to a waiting list and when the movie arrives, you'll be notified and can pick it up.
Details on how the holds process will work:
- Place holds on our online catalog or at the library.
- Limit of 10 holds (this includes books & movies combined).
- Will be notified via phone or email, whichever way you are set up to receive holds information currently. If you want to add an email address to your account, stop by the front desk to do so.
- You will have 3 days to pick up the movie.
- We are trying this service out on a trial basis. Trial period ends in December. At that time we will reevaluate. If everything runs smoothly, we will continue allowing holds on movies.
Written by Emily MarshallHey everyone! I’m Emily Marshall. As the Community Relations Manager for WCPL, I’m usually sitting in front of my computer creating posters in Photoshop, planning library programs, or teaching computer classes. In my spare time, I enjoy reading teen books, watching way too much TV, traveling, playing board games, and trying to convince people that cheesy Hallmark Channel and ABC Family original movies aren't “that bad.” I also love messages, so feel free to email me at .
Read all posts written by Emily Marshall
Comment on this post
Leave a Reply
Comments are welcomed and encouraged. Please know we review comments before they are posted. Comments containing the following will not be approved.
- obscene, indecent, or profane language
- threats or defamatory statements
- hate speech directed at race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion, or disability
- promote or endorse services or products - Spam