Wells County Public Library
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
200 West Washington Street
Bluffton, Indiana 46714
February 10, 2015
Present: Acord, Chaney, Stettner, Johnson, Minniear, Ryan, Davis
1. Call to Order: President Stettner called the meeting to order at 6:30 PM
2. Public Input: None
3. Consent Agenda: Acord moved to accept the consent agenda. Ryan seconded the motion, which passed. The following items were approved and adopted:
a. January 13, 2015 Regular Board meeting minutes as amended
b. Librarian’s Report
c. Treasurer’s Report
d. January Register of Claims totaling $293,451.26
4. February 1-10, 2015 Register of Claims: Stettner moved to accept the register of claims, which totaled $56, 142.54. Acord seconded the motion, which passed.
5. Correspondence: A letter from the County Assessor was received with information from the Indiana Board of Tax Review.
6. Staff Reports: None
7. Committee Reports:
a. Building: Chaney has made phone contacts with two cafes regarding opening a café in the library. Chaney has received no responses from the cafes so she will follow up with a letter.
b. Policy and By Laws: The Fixed Asset Policy was reviewed.
c. Public Awareness/Outreach: The FOL Book Sale begins tonight and continues through Saturday
8. Unfinished Business: None
9. New Business:
a. Librarian Davis presented a one page document with the highlights of 2014 by the Library, staff accomplishments, and circulation data. In summary 2014 was a good year.
b. The annual report of the Library has been completed on line and required signatures have been sent to the State Library. It is available for review online.
c. A motion was made by Minniear to keep the non-resident fee at $65. Chaney seconded the motion, which passed.
d. Outdoor Concepts presented their 2014 contracts for Lawn Care. Ryan made a motion to accept the proposal dated 3-1-15 to 3-1-16 for $270 per month which includes snow removal for the Main Library. Acord seconded the motion. Motion passed.
10. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned by Stettner at 7:00 PM
Graig Stettner, President
Nancy Johnson, Acting Secretary