Wells County Public Library
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
200 West Washington Street
Bluffton, Indiana 46714
October 11, 2016
Present: Chaney, Johnson, Ramsey, Tabor, Acord, Minniear, Davis
1. Call to Order: The meeting was called to order at 6:34 by President Minniear.
2. Public Input: None
3. Consent Agenda: Johnson moved to accept the consent agenda. Tabor seconded the motion, which passed. The following items were approved and adopted:
a. September 13, 2016 Regular Board meeting minutes
b. Librarian’s Report
c. Treasurer’s Report
d. September 14-30, 2016 Register of Claims totaling $70,806.01
4. October 1-11, 2016 Register of Claims: Acord moved to accept the register of claims, which totaled $130,921.42. Ramsey seconded the motion, which passed.
5. Correspondence: None
6. Staff Reports: Alice Curry presented information on the 2016 One Book One County Read. The book is A Place Called Hope. Philip Gulley, the author, will present a program on his book on October 20. This presentation is funded by The Friends of the Library.
7. Committee Reports:
* Space Lease: November will begin rent payments of $325.
* Roof Project: The repairs are still in progress. The caulking has been completed.
* Lighting Project: Cost proposal were received from Energy Harness and Vision Lighting to convert to LED lighting in the library. Johnson made a motion to approve the exterior lighting conversion for the exterior of the building to be completed at a cost of less than $2,700. Chaney seconded the motion, which passed. Johnson made a second motion to give Davis permission to apply for some reimbursement for the project from Bluffton NOW. Chaney seconded the motion, which passed.
8. Policy & By-Laws:
a. The Internet Policy was reviewed. No changes were recommended.
b. Health Insurance: The United Health Care renewal amount has been received. Davis will review other health care insurance plans and the board will give approval to a plan at the November meeting.
9. Public Awareness/Outreach: Acord reported that she attended the September In-service meeting to share the announcement of the WCPL being named Indiana Library of the Year for 2016.
Davis gave a brief summary of the successful Children’s Book Festival Event. Approximately 1,500 people attended the event.
10. Director Search: Acord reported that internet postings have been made for the WCPL director position. The committee will work this month to formulate interview questions.
11. Unfinished Business: None
12. New Business
a. Adopt 2017 Budgets:
Motion made by Johnson to adopt the 2017 Rainy Day Budget of $260,000. Ramsey seconded the motion, which passed.
b. Motion made by Johnson to adopt the 2017 General Budget of $2,386.000. Minniear seconded the motion, which passed.
c. Motion made by Acord to adopt the 2017 Debt Service Budget of $355,200. Ramsey seconded the motion, which passed.
d. Motion made by Acord to adopt the 2017 Library Improvement Reserve Budget of $150,000. Tabor seconded the motion, which passed.
e. Motion made by Acord to adopt Ordinance 16-05 for Appropriations and Tax Rates. Tabor seconded the motion, which passed.
13. Other Items for Consideration: None
14. Floor was opened for roundtable comments from the board members.
15. Next Meeting Announcement:
Monday, November 7, 2016 @ 6:30 PM at the Main Library.
16. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned by Minniear at 7:44PM.
Robin Minniear, President
Nancy Johnson, Secretary
An Executive Session was held immediately following the meeting to discuss personnel pursuant to IC 5-14-1.5-6.1(b)(9)