Wells County Public Library
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
200 West Washington Street
Bluffton, Indiana 46714
March 8, 2016
Present: Chaney, Johnson, Ryan, Stettner, Tabor, Acord, Davis, Todd Williams from Hoosier S.T.A.R.T.
1. Call to Order: Vice President Tabor called the meeting to order at 6:29 PM.
2. Public Input: None
3. Consent Agenda: Stettner moved to accept the consent agenda. Acord seconded the motion, which passed. The following items were approved and adopted:
a. February 9, 2016 Regular Board meeting minutes
b. Librarian’s Report
c. Treasurer’s Report
d. February 10-29, 2016 Register of Claims totaling $136,571.48
4. March 1-8, 2016 Register of Claims: Ryan moved to accept the register of claims, which totaled $58,470.15. Acord seconded the motion, which passed.
5. Correspondence: None
6. Todd Williams from Hoosier S.T.A.R.T. gave a presentation on the State of Indiana 457/401 (A) retirement plans. Board members will review materials given to them by Williams before the next board meeting.
7. Committee Reports:
a. Building: Luther Mock plans to bid out the roof repairs in April and work should begin in May.
The board was informed of the desire to use the RE: facility for cupcake baking. No motion was made.
b. Policy & By-Laws: The board reviewed Chapters 4, 5, and 6 of IN the Public Trust.
c. Public Awareness/Outreach: Nothing
8. Unfinished Business: None
9. New Business:
a. The Wells County Foundations notified the library that $16,000 was available for distribution. Acord made a motion not to take the distribution this year. Tabor seconded the motion which passed.
b. Davis presented the board with information on a mobile internet hotspot service from Sprint. After a discussion no motions were made.
10. Other Items for Consideration: None
11. Next Meeting Announcement:
Tuesday, April 12, 2016 @ 6:30 PM at the Main Library.
12. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned by Tabor at 8:20PM.
Stephen Tabor, Vice President
Nancy Johnson, Secretary