Wells County Public Library
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
200 West Washington Street
Bluffton, Indiana 46714 January 14, 2014
Present: Acord, Chaney, Davis, Minniear, Ryan, Tabor
1. Call to Order: Vice President Minniear called the meeting to order at 6:30
2. Library Staff Reports:
a. Emily Marshall presented details on library communications in the form of the Book Report and eNewsletters.
b. Susan Dailey presented activities of the Winter Reading program
3. There was no public input
4. Consent Agenda: Acord moved to accept the consent agenda. Ryan seconded the motion, which passed. The following items were approved and adopted:
a. December 13, 2013 Regular Board minutes
b. Librarian’s Report
c. Treasurer’s Report
d. December Register of Claims
e. Resolution 14-01 Encumbered Operating Funds
f. Resolution 14-02 Transfer of Operating Appropriations
g. Resolution 14-03 Transfer of LIRF Appropriations
5. January 1-14, 2014 Register of Claims: Acord moved to accept the register of claims, which totaled $250,198.08. Ryan seconded the motion, which passed.
6. Correspondence: None
7. Committee Reports:
i. The banister on the steps from the parking lot at the Ossian branch is loose, potential from snow plowing damage to the first step. Repair options will be investigated
ii. There is dripping at the back door of the main library allowing ice to form, repair options will be investigated when the weather improves.
b. Policy & By-Laws: Nothing
c. Public Awareness/Outreach: Nothing
8. Unfinished Business: There was no unfinished business
9. New Business: Tabor moved that the By-Law Amendment be accepted as presented. Acord seconded the motion, which passed.
10. No other items were presented for consideration
11. Next Meeting Announcement: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 @ 6:30 PM Main Library.
12. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned by Minniear at 7:03
Robin Minniear, Vice-President
Stephen Tabor, Secretary