Wells County Public Library
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
200 West Washington Street
Bluffton, Indiana 46714
June 10, 2014
Present: Acord, Chaney, Davis, Minniear, Ryan, Stettner, Tabor
1. Call to Order: President Stettner called the meeting to order at 6:30
2. Public Input: None
3. Consent Agenda: Acord moved to accept the consent agenda. Minniear seconded the motion, which passed. The following items were approved and adopted:
a. March 11, 2014 Regular Board minutes
b. Librarian’s Report
c. Treasurer’s Report
d. May 2014 Register of Claims for $63,428.31
4. June 1-10, 2014 Register of Claims: Acord moved to accept the register of claims, which totaled $248,707.83. Ryan seconded the motion, which passed.
5. Correspondence: None
6. Staff Reports: Judy Maxwell and her team detailed the process for putting new purchases into circulation.
7. Committee Reports:
i. Need ideas that will get someone into the café space.
ii. A quote is being requested to reseal the flat roof, which is expected to resolve the leak over the children’s area, and there is still a leak between the old part and the new addition.
b. Policy & By-Laws: The Collection Policy was reviewed and no changes were made.
c. Public Awareness/Outreach: Nothing
d. Nomination: slate of candidates needed for July meeting.
e. Budget: the calendar of events for establishing next year’s budget was reviewed.
8. Unfinished Business: None
9. New Business:
a. Digital magazines are in the process of being setup.
b. In process of changing credit card system and should be completed by end of month.
c. Minniear moved and Tabor seconded the motion to hire Josh Fisher as a summer intern and Craig Brown as Clerk II. The motion passed.
10. No other items were presented for consideration
11. Next Meeting Announcement:
Tuesday, July 8, 2014 @ 6:30 PM Main Library.
12. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned by Stettner at 7:45
Graig Stettner, President
Stephen Tabor, Secretary