Wells County Public Library
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
200 West Washington Street
Bluffton, Indiana 46714
January 12, 2016
Present: Acord, Chaney, Davis, Minniear, Ryan, Tabor
1. Call to Order: President Minniear called the meeting to order at 6:30 PM
2. Public Input: Wayne Grove was in attendance to report that he and others had observed that the genealogy index information was not working when accessed from outside the library. Davis committed to check out the issue
3. Consent Agenda: Ryan moved to accept the consent agenda. Acord seconded the motion, which passed. The following items were approved and adopted:
a. December 8, 2015 Regular Board meeting minutes
b. Librarian’s Report
c. Treasurer’s Report
d. December 2015 Register of Claims totaling $232,691.25
4. January 1-12, 2016 Register of Claims: Acord moved to accept the register of claims, which totaled $197,468.06. Ryan seconded the motion, which passed.
5. Correspondence: Davis shared a certificate from the Historical Society for participation in decorating a tree for their Christmas display. Davis also shared a thank you from the state park for participating in their Christmas display. The Ossian branch sent in a thank you to the board for the meat and cheese tray that was provided. Davis also shared an E-mail from Sara Patalita who works at the Georgetown branch of the Allen County library praising the Wells County library.
6. Staff Reports: Teresa .Dustman shared the Tournament of Books program she has started this January.
7. Committee Reports:
i. A final review of restroom remodeling project will occur tomorrow January 13th. Demolition of the restrooms will be started on Monday January 18th.
ii. Luther Mock has provided no addition feedback on the tower/roof repair.
b. Policy & By-Laws: Reviewed the first section of In the Public Trust to remind us of the responsibilities of being a board member.
c. Public Awareness/Outreach: Nothing
8. Unfinished Business: None
9. New Business:
a. The Mosaic contract for the bathroom remodel was reviewed.
b. Acord moved that Resolution 16-01 for Encumbered Operating Funds be accepted. Tabor seconded the motion which passed.
c. Acord moved that Resolution 16-02 for Transfer of Operating Appropriations be accepted. Tabor seconded the motion which passed.
d. Davis talked about the new Statewide Remote Circulation System and the discussion lead to the decision that the Wells County Library would participate in the program.
10. Other Items for Consideration: None
11. Next Meeting Announcement:
Tuesday, February 9, 2016 @ 6:30 PM at the Main Library.
12. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned by Minniear at 7:23 PM
Robin Minniear, President
Stephen Tabor, Acting Secretary