Wells County Public Library
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
200 West Washington Street
October 8, 2013
Present: Acord, Chaney, Davis, Johnson, Minniear, Ryan, Stettner, Tabor
- Call to Order: President Stettner called the meeting to order at 6:30
- There was no public comment
- Consent Agenda: Chaney moved to accept the consent agenda. Johnson seconded the motion, which passed. The following items were approved and adopted:
- September 10, 2013 Regular Board minutes
- Librarian’s Report
- Treasurer’s Report
- September Register of Claims
October 1-8, 2013 Register of Claims: Ryan moved to accept the register of claims, which totaled $196,814.44. Johnson seconded the motion, which passed.
Correspondence: There was no correspondence.
- Building: Heating and Air Conditioning work at the main library has been completed. Phase 2 of the project is scheduled for next year. The reseeding of the lawn remains to be completed at the Ossian branch.
- Policy & By-Laws: Nothing was discussed
- Public Awareness/Outreach: Discussed the pros and cons of a Dewey-free cataloging system and a possible process of implementation
- Budgets were reviewed and Minniear moved that Resolution 13-08 for appropriations and tax rates be accepted. The motion was seconded by Stettner and the motion passed.
- Resolution 13-09 for funds reduction was explained and Johnson moved that the resolution be approved. Tabor seconded the motion and the motion was approved.
- The internet policy was reviewed, Johnson moved that the policy be accepted as proposed, Minniear seconded the motion, and the policy was approved.
- The approval to hire Jane Decker was moved by Johnson, seconded by Minniear, and was approved.
Tuesday, November 12, 2013 @ 6:30 PM Main Library
14. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned by Stettner at 7:14
Graig Stettner, President
Stephen Tabor, Secretary