Wells County Public Library
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
200 West Washington Street
Bluffton, Indiana 46714
October 13, 2015
Present: Chaney, Davis, Johnson, Ryan, Stettner, Tabor, Minniear
1. Call to Order:
2. Public Input: None3. Consent Agenda: Tabor moved to accept the consent agenda. Ryan seconded the motion, which passed. The following items were approved and adopted:
a. September 8, 2015 Regular Board meeting minutes
b. Librarian’s Report
c. Treasurer’s Report
d. September 9-30, 2015 Register of Claims totaling $$128,441.47
4. October 1-13, 2015 Register of Claims: Tabor moved to accept the register of claims, which totaled $37,207.79. Ryan seconded the motion, which passed.
5. Correspondence: A thank you note was read from the Ossian Red Hat Ladies expressing thanks for the Mystery Night.
6. Staff Reports: Catherine Campbell reported on book clubs. Information was given on the Brown Bag Book Club, book and movie discussion group for Senior Exploration with the Bluffton Parks and Recreation, and the One Book, One County activities.
7. Committee Reports:
a. Building: Tabor made a motion to set the rental amount for RE: at $325 a month for 2 years from November 2016-October 2018. Electricity will be paid by usage. Johnson seconded the motion. Ryan amended to motion to include a deposit of $650. Johnson seconded the amendment. Amended motion passed.
b. Policy & By-Laws: The internet policy was reviewed. It was suggested to delete the phrase “caused by negligence, error, or omission”
8. Public Awareness/Outreach:
a. Local Author Fair is Tuesday, October 27 from 6-8 pm.
b. Next fall there will be a Children’s Book Festival
c. A Story Walk is being developed for the Ossian Park and perhaps Bluffton’s Picket’s Run.
9. Unfinished Business: None
10. New Business:
a. Adopt 2016 Budgets
i. Stettner moved that the Rainy Day budget of $175,000 be accepted. Ryan seconded the motion which passed.
ii. Stettner moved that the General Fund budget of $2,295,500 be accepted. Ryan seconded the motion which passed.
iii. Stettner moved that the Debt Service budget of $357,100 be accepted. Ryan seconded the motion which passed.
iv. Stettner moved that the LIRF budget of $209,000 be accepted. Ryan seconded the motion which passed.
b. Ordinance of Resolution for Appropriations and Tax Rates: Stettner moved that Resolution 15-05 be accepted. Ryan accepted the motion which passed.
c. The software Migration will occur November 16-18. Patrons will be limited to checking out 2 items at this time.
11. Other Items for Consideration: None
12. Floor was opened for roundtable comments from the board members.
13. Next Meeting Announcement:
Tuesday, November 10, 2015 @ 6:30 PM at the Main Library.
14. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned by Minniear.
Robin Minniear, President
Nancy Johnson, Secretary