Wells County Public Library
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
200 West Washington Street
Bluffton, Indiana 46714
July 14, 2015
Present: Acord, Chaney, Davis, Johnson, Minniear, Ryan, Stettner, Tabor
1. Call to Order: Stettner called the meeting to order at 6:28 PM
2. Public Input: None3. Consent Agenda: Acord moved to accept the consent agenda. Minniear seconded the motion, which passed. The following items were approved and adopted:
a. June 9, 2015 Regular Board meeting minutes
b. Librarian’s Report
c. Treasurer’s Report
d. June 2015 Register of Claims totaling $62,243.37
4. July 1-14, 2015 Register of Claims: Ryan moved to accept the register of claims, which totaled $305,457.46. Johnson seconded the motion, which passed.
5. Correspondence: Bluffton Redevelopment sent a letter saying there was no funding available for the library.
6. Staff Reports: No staff report this month.
7. Committee Reports:
i. Luther Mock sent an E-mail explaining that the rains have brought about problems that have prevented him from reviewing the library’s issue, but he hopes to get to it in the next week or two.
ii. Tabor provided an update on the Tiger Tank contest and the criteria that will be used to evaluate the contestants’ business plans.
b. Policy & By-Laws: Donor Policy later in the agenda
c. Public Awareness/Outreach: Nothing
d. Nomination: It’s the time of year for the nominating committee to put the slate of candidates together.
e. Budget: Reviewed the calendar for the budget process.
8. Unfinished Business: None
9. New Business:
a. Johnson moved approval to hire Jean Brinnman at $11.50 per hour as custodial assistant. The motion was seconded by Stettner and passed.
b. Acord moved that Travis Fate be hired as IT Manager at $49,920 annually. The motion was seconded by Tabor and passed.
c. Acord moved that the vacation policy be exempted for Travis to have one week of vacation after 90 days of employment. The motion was seconded by Minniear and passed.
d. Johnson moved that the new Donor Policy be accepted and added to library procedures with noted changes. The motion was seconded by Chaney and passed.
e. Tabor moved that the Street Fair request to rent the annex lot be accepted. The motion was seconded by Acord and passed.
10. Other Items for Consideration: None
11. Floor was opened for roundtable comments from the board members.
12. Next Meeting Announcement:
Tuesday, August 11 2015 @ 6:30 PM at the Main Library.
13. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned by Stettner at 7:28 PM
Graig Stettner, President