Wells County Public Library
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
200 West Washington Street
Bluffton, Indiana 46714
September 9, 2014
Present: Acord, Chaney, Davis, Minniear, Ryan, Stettner, Tabor
1. Call to Order: President Stettner called the meeting to order at 6:32 PM
2. Public Hearing on the 2015 Budget – no public in attendance
3. Public Input: None
4. Consent Agenda: Chaney moved to accept the consent agenda. Ryan seconded the motion, which passed. The following items were approved and adopted:
a. August 12, 2014 Regular Board minutes
b. Librarian’s Report
c. Treasurer’s Report
d. August 2014 Register of Claims for $530,684.44
5. September 1-9, 2014 Register of Claims: Ryan moved to accept the register of claims, which totaled $36,829.16. Minniear seconded the motion, which passed.
6. Correspondence: Received notice of a possible TIFF district in Ossian, which could have an impact on tax revenue.
7. Staff Reports: Amy Greiner provided a presentation on the “One Book, One County” program.
8. Committee Reports:
i. JBG has asked for some additional information about the café space. There have been others inquiries, but nothing very promising.
ii. CMS Roofing has committed to look at the flashing and roof leak issue. There have been no major issues recently.
iii. Waiting to hear from Tim Terman on the Ossian drain quotes.
b. Policy & By-Laws: Service Policy was reviewed and no changes were made.
c. Public Awareness/Outreach: Library staff service awards will be presented Thursday Sept. 18th.
d. Budget: There was no public comment on the proposed budget.
9. Unfinished Business: None
10. New Business:
a. Discussed revision to library board committee assignments and responsibilities.
b. Reviewed proposal for use of the Betty Jean Neuenschwander gift to the library.
11. No other items were presented for consideration
12. Roundtable: Floor was opened for thoughts, comments, and observations that board members had for Davis.
13. Next Meeting Announcement: Tuesday, October 14, 2014 @ 6:30 PM Main Library.
14. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned by Stettner at 7:23 PM
Graig Stettner, President
Stephen Tabor, Secretary