Wells County Public Library
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
200 West Washington Street
Bluffton, Indiana 46714
September 13, 2016
Present: Chaney, Gentis, Johnson, Ramsey, Tabor, Acord, Minniear, Davis
1. Call to Order: The meeting was called to order at 6:30 PM by Minniear.
2. Public Hearing on the 2017 Budget: No members of the public were in attendance.
3. Public Input: None
4. Consent Agenda: Acord moved to accept the consent agenda. Chaney seconded the motion, which passed. The following items were approved and adopted:
a. August 9, 2016 Regular Board Meeting/Annual Meeting Minutes with date corrected for roof repair to begin by 9-1-16.
b. Librarian’s Report
c. Treasurer’s Report
d. 8-10-16 to 8-31-16, 2016 Register of Claims totaling $136,450.95
5. September 1-13, 2016 Register of Claims: Johnson moved to accept the register of claims, which totaled $103,685.25. Acord seconded the motion, which passed.
6. Correspondence: Note of thanks read from Graig Stettner.
7. Staff Reports: Children’s Book Festival report given by Stef Kipfer. The festival will be October
8, 2016. The event is mostly funded by gift money from the Wells County Foundation. The goal is to have a Children’s Book Festival every 2 years for 10 years.
8. Committee Reports:
a. Building: Work is in progress on the roof.
b. Budget is in the approval process.
c. Policy & By-Laws: IN the Public Trust Chapters 13-14 were reviewed
d. Public Awareness/Outreach: Nothing
e. Director Search: Deb Acord presented a timeline for the search process. The job posting will be sent out October 3. A draft of advertising for the director position was presented for board input.
9. Unfinished Business: None
10. New Business: Davis announced that a job opening will be posted for an IT manager of the WCPL tomorrow. Minniear made a motion to give Davis permission to hire Ben Dailey to do IT work on a contract basis at $50 per hour for approximately 4 hours a week until a replacement can be hired. Acord seconded the motion, which passed.
11. Other Items for Consideration: Johnson asked for the November meeting date to be changed due to conflict of the national election and the library convention. It was agreed to have the November meeting on Monday, November 7 @ 6:30 PM.
12. Floor was opened for roundtable comments from the board members.
13. Next Meeting Announcement:
Tuesday, October 11, 2016 @ 6:30 PM at the Main Library.
14. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned by Minniear at 7:45 PM.