Wells County Public Library
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
200 West Washington Street
Bluffton, Indiana 46714
January 13, 2015
Present: Chaney, Davis, Ryan, Stettner, Tabor
1. Call to Order: President Stettner called the meeting to order at 6:31 PM
2. Public Input: None
3. Consent Agenda: Ryan moved to accept the consent agenda. Tabor seconded the motion, which passed. The following items were approved and adopted:
a. December 9, 2014 Regular Board meeting minutes
b. Librarian’s Report
c. Treasurer’s Report
d. December 2014 Register of Claims totaling $105,519.60
e. Resolution 15-01 Encumbered Operating Funds
f. Resolution 15-02 Transfer of Operating Appropriations
4. January 1-13, 2015 Register of Claims: Stettner moved to accept the register of claims, which totaled $263,959.48. Tabor seconded the motion, which passed.
5. Correspondence: None
6. Staff Reports: Cindy Burchell provided a presentation on Play-Based programming for the library’s youngest patrons and their parents.
7. Committee Reports:
i. Luther Mock of Foursquare Solutions has committed to come evaluate the leaks around the main building’s tower when the weather will allow.
ii. Fal Electric has provided a quote for a light at the stairs to the parking lot at the Ossian branch, but the quote was based on tying to a meter that is not the library’s. They have been asked to re-quote based on connecting to the Library’s meter. There is nothing new on the drain issue.
iii. Chaney is going to be contacting a couple of existing coffee houses to see if they would be interested in expanding into the library café space.
b. Policy & By-Laws: Investment and Credit Card policies to be reviewed during the Board of Finance meeting.
c. Public Awareness/Outreach: Wells County Foundation Endowment Fund campaign is ongoing.
8. Unfinished Business: None
9. New Business: Chaney moved that the hiring of two existing volunteers as part time employees at about 10 hours per week be approved. The motion was seconded by Ryan and passed.
10. Other Items for Consideration: None
11. Floor was opened for roundtable comments from the board members.
12. Next Meeting Announcement:
Tuesday, February 10, 2015 @ 6:30 PM at the Main Library.
13. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned by Stettner at 7:06 PM
Graig Stettner, President
Stephen Tabor, Secretary