Wells County Public Library
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
200 West Washington Street
April 18, 2017
Present: Chaney, Gentis, Johnson, Ramsey, Tabor, MacNeill, Dailey
Absent: Acord, Minniear
- Call to Order: The meeting was called to order at 6:30 p.m. by Vice President Tabor.
- Public Input: None
- Consent Agenda: Ramsey moved to accept the consent agenda. Chaney seconded the motion, which passed. The following items were approved and adopted:
- March 14, 2017 Regular Board meeting minutes
- Librarian’s Report
- Treasurer’s Report
- March 2017 Register of Claims totaling $110,242,76
- April 1-18, 2017 Register of Claims: Johnson moved to accept the register of claims, which totaled $140,012.25. Chaney seconded the motion, which passed.
- Correspondence: None
- Staff Reports: Jackie Dailey gave a presentation on the Weekend Experience Bags.
- Committee Reports:
- Foyer: MacNeill reported that the foyer leak has been repaired and flooring replaced. When repairing the leak, the roofers informed MacNeill that there is 6 months to a year left in the life of the roof in that section. Tremco will replace this roof which is in the budget.
- Lease Space: Tabor made a motion that the Lease Space be made available as a third meeting room until a leasing opportunity develops. Gentis seconded the motion. Motion passed.
- Outdoor LED lighting: The project has been completed with $7,680 of the $10,240 total cost reimbursed from Bluffton NOW.
- New copiers and printers will be purchased for circulation and reference. These are budgeted items.
- Policy & By-Laws: The Donor, Exhibit, and Fixed Assets policies were reviewed. Wording changes were suggested for the Donor policies
- Public Awareness/Outreach:
- Strategic Plan: Community Conversations will be facilitated by Erin Prible. They will be May 8th in the Main Library, May 15that Southern Wells, and May 22 at the Ossian Library Branch.
- Unfinished Business: None
- New Business:
New Hires: Johnson made a motion to hire Lauren Brinneman for 35-40 hours a week at $9.99 an hour. Tabor seconded the motion. Motion passed.
Johnson made a motion to hire Payton Roush for 35-40 hours a week at $9.70 an hour. Tabor seconded the motion. Motion passed. These two positions are hired through the EARN Indiana Summer Intern Program.
10. Other Items for Consideration: None
11. Floor was opened for roundtable comments from the board members.
Next Meeting Announcement:Tuesday, May 9, 2017 @ 6:30 PM at the Ossian Library.
Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned by Tabor at 7:30 PM.
Steve Tabor, Vice President
Nancy Johnson, Secretary