Wells County Public Library
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
200 West Washington Street
Bluffton, Indiana 46714
March 11, 2014
Present: Acord, Chaney, Davis, Johnson, Minniear, Ryan, Stettner, Tabor
1. Call to Order: President Stettner called the meeting to order at 6:32
2. Public Input: None
3. Consent Agenda: Acord moved to accept the consent agenda. Johnson seconded the motion, which passed. The following items were approved and adopted:
a. February 11, 2014 Regular Board minutes
b. Librarian’s Report
c. Treasurer’s Report
d. February 2014 Register of Claims
4. March 1-11, 2014 Register of Claims: Ryan moved to accept the register of claims, which totaled $42,096.44. Acord seconded the motion, which passed.
5. Correspondence: None
6. Staff Reports: Robin Barton presented the workings of Interlibrary Loan program
7. Committee Reports:
i. Tom Felger talked about how phase 1 of the HVAC project had gone. He also presented phase 2 of the project and pointed modifications to the original phase 2 proposal.
ii. The Ossian branch had a problem with the door lock, but that was addressed under warranty.
iii. Ft. Wayne roofing took care of the leaking issues by breaking up ice. They will come back later to address the ‘dripping’ at the back door.
b. Policy & By-Laws: Hours, Closings, and Cancellation Policy and Library Patron Policy were reviewed no changes were made. There was discussion around summer holidays that fall on a Friday and whether or not the library should then open for three hours on Saturday.
c. Public Awareness/Outreach: Nothing
8. Unfinished Business: None
9. New Business:
a. Acord moved to accept the proposal for phase 2 of the HVAC project. The motion was seconded by Ryan and passed.
b. Johnson moved that the library be closed on May 23rd for Spring In-Service. The motion was seconded by Acord and passed.
c. Johnson moved that the library be closed on Saturday July 5th and the full regular hours be observed on Thursday July 3rd. The motion was seconded by Acord and passed.
10. No other items were presented for consideration
11. Next Meeting Announcement:
Tuesday, April 8, 2014 @ 6:30 PM Main Library.
12. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned by Stettner at 7:27
Graig Stettner, President
Stephen Tabor, Secretary