Wells County Public Library
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
200 West Washington Street
Bluffton, Indiana 46714
August 12, 2014
Present: Chaney, Davis, Johnson, Ryan, Tabor
1. Call to Order: Nancy Johnson filling in for President Stettner called the meeting to order at 6:30 PM
2. Public Input: None
3. Consent Agenda: Ryan moved to accept the consent agenda. Chaney seconded the motion, which passed. The following items were approved and adopted:
a. July 8, 2014 Regular Board minutes
b. Librarian’s Report
c. Treasurer’s Report
d. July 2014 Register of Claims for $236,800.10
4. August 1-12, 2014 Register of Claims: Ryan moved to accept the register of claims, which totaled $122,329.77. Tabor seconded the motion, which passed.
5. Correspondence: None
6. Staff Reports: Teresa Dustman provided a presentation on the Wait & Read Baskets that have been placed at various locations in the community.
7. Committee Reports:
i. JBG has been approached about utilizing the café space.
ii. The masonry expert said he felt the roof leaks were probably related to the flashing at the base of the tower.
iii. Waiting on cost details to obtain the mechanical drawings for the revised heating and cooling system
iv. The flat roof has been recoated.
v. After a discussion of the drain plugging issue at the Ossian Branch Tabor moved that the drain be scoped to determine if the cause was a construction issue. The motion was seconded by Ryan and the motion passed.
b. Policy & By-Laws: Meeting Room Policy and Meeting Room Fees were reviewed and no changes were made.
c. Public Awareness/Outreach:
i. The library will be participating in the Uptown Beach Party on Aug. 23rd.
ii. The library has a Back to School Night scheduled on Aug. 26th.
d. Budget: The proposed budget was reviewed and discussed.
8. Unfinished Business: None
9. New Business:
a. Reviewed Resolution 14-04 to continue with the Indiana Internet Consortium and Ryan moved to accept the resolution. Chaney seconded the motion which passed.
b. Reviewed quotes for business insurance and Tabor moved that the Cincinnati Insurance proposal with $1000 deductible be accepted. Chaney seconded the motion which passed
c. Salary Resolution 14-05 for 2015 salaries was reviewed and Ryan moved that the resolution be accepted as presented. Tabor seconded the motion, which passed.
d. Reviewed the 2015 Rainy Day Budget and Tabor moved that the budget be accepted as presented. Chaney seconded the motion, which passed.
e. Reviewed the 2015 Operating Budget and Chaney moved that the budget be accepted as presented. Ryan seconded the motion, which passed.
f. Reviewed the 2015 Bond & Interest Budget and Tabor moved that the budget be accepted as presented. Chaney seconded the motion, which passed.
g. Reviewed the 2015 LIRF Budget and Tabor moved that the budget be accepted as presented. Ryan seconded the motion, which passed.
h. Reviewed the Notice to Taxpayers and Tabor moved that the notice be accepted as presented. Chaney seconded the motion, which passed.
i. Reviewed the request from the Bluffton Free Street Fair to use the library parking lot during the Street Fair and Tabor moved that the request be accepted as presented. Chaney seconded the motion, which passed.
10. No other items were presented for consideration
11. Roundtable: Floor was opened for thoughts, comments, and observations that board members had for Davis.
12. Next Meeting Announcement:
Tuesday, September 9, 2014 @ 6:30 PM Main Library. This will also be the Public Hearing for the 2015 budget.
13. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned by Johnson at 7:41 PM
Annual Meeting was called to order @ 7:42 PM.
Ryan presented the slat of candidates as follows:
President: Graig Stettner
Vice President: Robin Minniear
Secretary: Stephen Tabor
Treasurer: Jackie Chaney
Chaney moved that the slate of officers be elected as presented. The motion was seconded by Tabor and passed.
After a short discussion Ryan moved that the reading of the By-Laws be forgone. Tabor seconded the motion which passed.
The Annual Meeting was adjourned at 7:47 PM.
Nancy Johnson, Acting President
Stephen Tabor, Secretary