Wells County Public Library
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
200 West Washington Street
Bluffton, Indiana 46714
May 10, 2016
Present: Chaney, Johnson, Ryan, Stettner, Tabor, Acord, Davis, Christian
Meeting Location: Ossian Branch Meeting Room
1. Call to Order:
2. Public Input: None
3. Consent Agenda: Ryan moved to accept the consent agenda. Stettner seconded the motion, which passed. The following items were approved and adopted:
a. April 12, 2016 Regular Board meeting minutes
b. Librarian’s Report
c. Treasurer’s Report
d. April 13-30, 2016 Register of Claims totaling $67,675.33
4. May 1-16, 2016 Register of Claims: Acord moved to accept the register of claims, which totaled $169,931.15. Stettner seconded the motion, which passed.
5. Correspondence: A letter of thanks from the Youth Leadership Forum
6. Staff Reports: Julie Christian from the Ossian Branch Library presented information on the Unwind Wednesdays programming at the Ossian Library.
7. Committee Reports:
a. Building: Reminder of Staff In-service and buildings closings for the morning of May 20. In regards to the roof, Luther Mock plans to do work on June 10.
b. Policy & By-Laws: Review of IN Public Trust Chapter 8 “Library Budget and Finance”
c. Public Awareness/Outreach: The summer reading program will kick off on June 1st with a torch relay and a magic show. With the recent sale of used iPads to the general public by Bluffton Harrison MSD, the library will schedule some iPad classes and drop-in training days.
8. Unfinished Business: The paper work for Hoosier S.T.A.R.T. has been completed. Stettner will present information on the plan to the whole staff. At a later date a representative from Hoosier S.T.A.R.T. will hold individual sessions with the staff.
9. New Business:
a. Staff Hiring Approvals
Acord made a motion to hire Alyssa Plisco for 20 hours per week at $11.12 an hour. Stettner seconded the motion which passed.
Stettner made a motion to hire Veronica Runyon through the EARN Indiana Intern program for 36 hours a week at a rate of $9.79 an hour. Acord seconded the motion which passed.
Chaney made a motion to hire Lauren Brinneman through the EARN Indiana Intern program for 36 hours a week at a rate of $9.51 an hour. Tabor seconded the motion which passed.
b. Acord made a motion to give Davis authority to sign a contract for the DLGF space request. Stettner seconded the motion which passed.
10. Other Items for Consideration: None
11. Floor was opened for roundtable comments from the board members.
12. Next Meeting Announcement: Tuesday, June 12, 2016 @ 6:30 PM at the Main Library.
13. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned by Tabor at 7:23PM
Steve Tabor, Vice President
Nancy Johnson, Secretary