Wells County Public Library
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
200 West Washington Street
Bluffton, Indiana 46714
June 14, 2016
Present: Chaney, Johnson, Ryan, Stettner, Tabor, Acord, Minniear, Davis, Batdorff, Connor Gilliom, Breckin Gilliom, Koby Gilliom
1. Call to Order: The meeting was called to order by President Minniear at 6:35 PM.
2. Public Input: None
3. Consent Agenda: Acord moved to accept the consent agenda. Tabor seconded the motion, which passed. The following items were approved and adopted:
a. May 10, 2016 Regular Board meeting minutes
b. Librarian’s Report
c. Treasurer’s Report
d. May 2016 Register of Claims totaling $73,420.72
4. June 1-14, 2016 Register of Claims: Stettner moved to accept the register of claims, which totaled $113,025.13. Ryan seconded the motion, which passed.
5. Correspondence: None
6. Connor Gilliom, Breckin Gilliom, and Koby Gilliom were welcomed as guests. They were observing the meeting to meet a requirement for a Boy Scout merit badge.
7. Staff Reports: Susan Batdorff gave a report on the homebound services of WCPL.
8. Committee Reports:
a. Building: Luther Mock has sent a schedule for securing bids and beginning work on the roof repair.
Susan Dailey has donated money as a memorial for her husband Douglas Dailey. She would like the money spent for three trees to be placed on the Ossian Branch property. Stettner made a motion to accept the gift from Susan Dailey and use it for landscaping at the Ossian Branch. Ryan seconded the motion which passed.
b. Policy & By-Laws: Chapter 9 of IN the Public Trust was reviewed.
c. Public Awareness/Outreach: Nothing
d. Nomination: Tabor will prepare a nomination slate of officers for the July meeting.
e. Budget: The calendar for the budget timeline is documented in the Librarian’s report.
9. Unfinished Business: None
10. New Business:
a. IN Trust Account Distribution: Davis noted that the WCPL received $269,657.40 in Trust Account Distribution from the State of Indiana. It has been placed in the Rainy Day Fund.
b. Bicentennial Holiday Celebration Grant Endorsement: Acord made a motion to approve a grant application to the Wells County Foundation for Bicentennial events. Tabor seconded the motion which passed.
11. Other Items for Consideration: Anonymous cash donations have been placed in the drop box. They will be acknowledged in the newsletter.
12. Floor was opened for roundtable comments from the board members.
13. Next Meeting Announcement:
Tuesday, July 12, 2016 @ 6:30 PM at the Main Library.
14. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned by Minniear at 7:33 PM. An executive member session was then held.
Robin Minniear, President
Nancy Johnson, Secretary