Wells County Public Library
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
200 West Washington Street
Bluffton, Indiana 46714
May 12, 2015
Present: Chaney, Davis, Johnson, Ryan, Tabor
1. Call to Order: Johnson called the meeting to order at 6:27 PM filling in for President Stettner
2. Public Input: None
3. Consent Agenda: Chaney moved to accept the consent agenda. Ryan seconded the motion, which passed. The following items were approved and adopted:
a. April 14, 2015 Regular Board meeting minutes
b. Librarian’s Report
c. Treasurer’s Report
d. April 2015 Register of Claims totaling $73,411.50
4. May 1-12, 2015 Register of Claims: Ryan moved to accept the register of claims, which totaled $168,206.43. Tabor seconded the motion, which passed.
5. Correspondence: The Wells County Youth Leadership Forum sent in a certificate of appreciation.
6. Staff Reports: Susan Dailey gave a presentation on the activities and usage at the Ossian branch. Stephanie Davis reviewed the EDS search capability added to the library web site.
7. Committee Reports:
i. Luther Mock inspected the leaks last week and said he was certain of the cause and would submit a proposal for more detailed analysis to determine what solutions are available.
ii. Tiger Tank has been funded by the city and is moving forward to fill the café space.
iii. The wiring for the bollard at the Ossian branch is completed and the light should be installed in the next couple of weeks.
iv. The point of the Ossian branch sewer blockage has been examined with a camera and a cause was not found. The theory being it was a construction issue that has now been cleaned out.
b. Policy & By-Laws:
i. Personnel Policy – Wages and Workplace was reviewed and no changes made.
ii. A policy for maintaining a ‘Local Author Collection’ is going to be added to the library policy.
c. Public Awareness/Outreach: Discussed the Summer Reading Program kickoff, the progress on the donor wall revision, and acknowledging staff milestones and retirements.
8. Unfinished Business: None
9. New Business:
a. Ryan moved approval to hire Meagan Matlock, Veronica Runyon, and Kayla Ann Vilanueva at the main library. The motion was seconded by Tabor and passed.
b. Chaney moved that the library Technology Plan be approved. The motion was seconded by Tabor and passed.
c. The library’s certification for meeting Library Standards was reviewed
d. Ryan moved that the LSTA grant in the amount of $10,000 be accepted. The motion was seconded by Chaney and passed.
10. Other Items for Consideration: None
11. Floor was opened for roundtable comments from the board members.
12. Next Meeting Announcement:
Tuesday, June 9, 2015 @ 6:30 PM at the Main Library.
13. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned by Stettner at 7:48 PM
Nancy Johnson, Acting President
Stephen Tabor, Secretary