Wells County Public Library
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
200 West Washington Street
Bluffton, Indiana 46714
July 8, 2014
Present: Acord, Chaney, Davis, Johnson, Ryan, Stettner, Tabor
1. Call to Order: President Stettner called the meeting to order at 6:32 PM
2. Public Input: None
3. Consent Agenda: Acord moved to accept the consent agenda with a correction to the minutes from the June meeting. Chaney seconded the motion, which passed. The following items were approved and adopted:
a. June 10, 2014 Regular Board minutes
b. Librarian’s Report
c. Treasurer’s Report
d. June 2014 Register of Claims for $71,295.11
4. July 1-8, 2014 Register of Claims: Ryan moved to accept the register of claims, which totaled $275,783.00. Acord seconded the motion, which passed.
5. Correspondence: A letter of apology from a patron who had been removed by the police for fighting was reviewed.
6. Staff Reports: Stephanie Davis opened dialog on the director evaluation, board committees, succession planning, and the John Cotton Dana Award.
7. Committee Reports:
i. Discussed getting the café space rented.
ii. Observation seems to suggest the leaks in the library are from around or through themasonry on the tower. Contact will be made to get the theory evaluated.
iii. Mechanical drawings for the revised heating and cooling system will be pursued.
b. Policy & By-Laws: Annual review and update was done under new business.
c. Public Awareness/Outreach: There has recently been an issue with a patron drinking in the library restrooms.
d. Nomination: Nomination committee needs to establish a slate of candidates for next year’s officers during the month of July.
e. Budget: The proposed budget should be out shortly.
8. Unfinished Business: None
9. New Business:
a. Discussed policy updates and some minor revisions were made. Acord moved to accept the policy changes as revised. The motion was seconded by Tabor and the motion passed.
b. The quote on the flat roof reseal was reviewed. Tabor moved that the quote for $11,425.00 be accepted and the project authorized. Stettner seconded the motion which passed.
10. No other items were presented for consideration
11. Roundtable: Board member’s thoughts, comments, and observations were given to Davis.
12. Next Meeting Announcement:
Tuesday, August 12, 2014 @ 6:30 PM Main Library.
13. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned by Stettner at 8:12 PM
Graig Stettner, President
Stephen Tabor, Secretary