Wells County Public Library
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
200 West Washington Street
Bluffton, Indiana 46714
March 10, 2015
Present: Acord, Chaney, Davis, Johnson, Minniear, Ryan, Stettner, Tabor
1. Call to Order: President Stettner called the meeting to order at 6:45 PM
2. Public Input: None
3. Consent Agenda: Acord moved to accept the consent agenda. Ryan seconded the motion, which passed. The following items were approved and adopted:
a. February 10, 2015 Regular Board meeting minutes
b. Librarian’s Report
c. Treasurer’s Report
d. February 2015 Register of Claims totaling $137,095.79
4. March 1-10, 2015 Register of Claims: Acord moved to accept the register of claims, which totaled $42,468.57. Johnson seconded the motion, which passed.
5. Correspondence: None
6. Staff Reports: Deb Schantz gave a presentation on how she processes incoming books including a hands on prep of a paper backed book.
7. Committee Reports:
i. Luther Mock of Foursquare Solutions committed to evaluating the leaks around the main building’s tower either the end of next week or at some point after that.
ii. Discussed potential occupants for the café space.
b. Policy & By-Laws: Hours, Closings & Cancellation Policy and Library Patron Policy were reviewed. The only change discussed was adding the student library card to the Patron Policy.
c. Public Awareness/Outreach: Discussed what should be done with the donor recognition display..
8. Unfinished Business: None
9. New Business: Johnson moved that Kara Raschick be approved as a part time employee working about 12 hours per week. The motion was seconded by Tabor and passed.
10. Other Items for Consideration: None
11. Floor was opened for roundtable comments from the board members.
12. Next Meeting Announcement:
Tuesday, April 14, 2015 @ 6:30 PM at the Main Library.
13. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned by Stettner at 7:16 PM
Graig Stettner, President
Stephen Tabor, Secretary