Wells County Public Library
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
200 West Washington Street
Bluffton, Indiana 46714
December 13, 2016
Present: Acord, Chaney, Davis, Gentis, Minniear, Ramsey, Tabor
1. Call to Order: The meeting was called to order at 6:30 by President Minniear.
2. Public Input: None
3. Consent Agenda: Chaney moved to accept the consent agenda. Tabor seconded the motion, which passed. The following items were approved and adopted:
a. November 7, 2016 Regular Board meeting minutes
b. Librarian’s Report
c. Treasurer’s Report
d. November 9-30, 2016 Register of Claims totaling $72,577.12
4. December 1-13, 2016 Register of Claims: Tabor moved to accept the register of claims, which totaled $122,231.03. Minniear seconded the motion, which passed.
5. Correspondence: Indiana sent an E-mail announcing they would again in 2017 be supplying a park pass to the library for check out.
6. Staff Reports: Judy Maxwell presented the Cake Pan collection that is available for check out.
7. Committee Reports:
* To date there has been no issue with the roof/tower repair. It may be that the repair has in fact been successful
* Two contractors have been in to look at the ceiling repair, but neither has provided a quote at this point. It seems contractors are currently very busy.
b. Policy & By-Laws: Nothing
c. Public Awareness/Outreach: Cheese balls and crackers have been purchased for the library staff at Bluffton and Ossian.
d. Director Search: To be discussed under new business.
8. Unfinished Business: Exterior Lighting Project – Acord moved that the contractor for the project be changed to ACDC at a total cost of $9690.00. Ramsey seconded the motion which passed.
9. New Business:
a. Library Cafeteria Plan – Tabor moved Resolution 16-07 establishing the insurance cafeteria plan be approved. Minniear seconded the motion, which passed.
b. Director Search- The search committee recommended that Sarah MacNeil be hired as director of the Wells County Public Library at the salary of $60,000 upon the retirement of Stephanie Davis. The committee further recommended that Sarah’s start date would be January 24th to allow adequate time for transition. Acord moved that the recommendation be approved. Ramsey seconded the motion, which passed.
10. Other Items for Consideration: None
11. Floor was opened for roundtable comments from the board members.
12. Next Meeting Announcement: The next meeting will be Tuesday,
January 10, 2017 @ 6:30 PM at the Main Library.
13. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 7:15 by Minniear.
Robin Minniear, President
Stephen Tabor, Acting Secretary