Maintenance Manager - full time
The Wells County Public Library is seeking a personable and dependable full-time Maintenance Manager.
This position will be responsible for the daily maintenance and overseeing of the libraries facilities and grounds for continuous improvement. The Wells County Public Library has a passion for serving our communities needs for information, entertainment and community interaction. The Maintenance Manager position is key to meet these goals by providing up kept and well-functioning facilities.
- Perform daily upkeep necessary for a professional appearance of the library buildings.
- Coordinate work performed by outside vendors.
- Monitor and maintain heating and air conditioning systems.
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs as needed for all the library properties.
- Maintain library grounds and sidewalks in all seasons.
- Supervise and assist in the moving of library furniture and equipment.
- Maintain equipment and monitor inventory for janitorial and maintenance needs.
- Make recommendations to the Library Director for any needed or anticipated changes in facilities.
- Ensure that all library vehicles are cleaned, fueled and in proper working order.
- Perform Branch pick-up and delivery service with library van.
- Perform other related duties as needed.
- High School diploma, GED required.
- Proven maintenance experience required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Electrical or Maintenance certification preferred.
- Ability to interpret blueprints, specifications and schematics.
- Strong self-lead organizational and follow up skills.
- Ability to take apart machines, equipment, or devices to remove and replace defective parts; as well as the ability to use common tools.
- Must be able to use a computer for email and project requests.
- Physical strength and dexterity are required to handle items and boxes up to 35 pounds in weight and to transport loaded book bins.
- Must be able to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, lift and crawl.
This position is full-time, non-exempt with benefits. Pay will be based on experience and certifications.
To Apply. Applicants will need to send materials toby Monday, June 5, 2017.
- Letter of Interest
- Three References