The Indiana Room houses the Genealogy Collection, which is a noncirculating collection. The main focus of this collection is local genealogy and history.
It is library policy not to buy family histories/genealogies. Our collection is composed of donations. Therefore, we do not have a family history/genealogy for every family that has roots in Wells County.
Our collection includes:
- Two microfilm readers/printers and a microfilm reader
- Bluffton newspapers on microfilm (1866-present)
- Marriage index (1837-4/12/1980)
- Birth index (1883-1920)
- Wells County census on microfilm (1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880, 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930)
- Indiana census index (1807, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860--North Indiana only, 1870, 1880--Wells County only)
- Genealogy Index *Best viewed using Internet Explorer Currently experiencing issues with the document preview window.
- Indiana Authors and Their Books
- Indiana State Library Genealogy Division
- Ancestry Library (only available for use in library)
- HeritageQuest Online: I'm on a library computer; I'm outside of the library