LIBRARY DIRECTOR - full-time position. Deadline for entry Monday, November 14, 2016
- Job Flyer - Contains info about the position, community, and library
The Board of Trustees at the Wells County Public Library in Bluffton, Indiana is seeking an energetic and passionate leader who will continue to build on the strengths of the library and its dedicated staff. The board wants a director who assesses the strengths of the library and engages the staff in strategically planning for the future development of the library. The director will be a strong voice for the library and be able to showcase the library within the community and the library profession.
- Make day-to-day decisions for the library system with a staff of 42 members.
- Make fiscally responsible decisions by budgeting and managing a $2.3 million dollar budget.
- Develop and maintain active, positive partnerships within the community; including the local government entities and organizations.
- Work with staff members to development programs, services, and long range plans to meet the needs of our community.
- Plan and oversee the maintenance of the Main Library and the Ossian Branch buildings.
- Plan for the professional development of staff through internal and external professional development opportunities.
- Communicates and collaborates with the Library Board of Trustees on a regular basis.
- Indiana Librarian Certificate II or higher based on an accredited MLS.
- Six years of library experience preferred with a minimum of three years of administrative experience.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, interpersonal communication and administrative skills. Effective oral and written skills are required.
- Considerable technical knowledge and skills in technology related to daily operations and services of the library and it’s technological trends.
- Valid driver’s license.
Applicants will need to send materials toby Monday, November 14, 2016.
- Letter of Interest
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Three References
- Salary Expectation